Monday, April 18, 2016
1984 Part 1 first blog
In 1984, Oceania is controlled by Big Brother and The Party in a totalitarian society where Big Brother controls all aspects of the lives of his citizens. If anybody goes against Big Brother, they are annihilated by him so he can keep control forever. There are present day countries in which totalitarian governments rule, such as North Korea. Some argue that the United States could also be turning into a totalitarian government. While I do believe that the government does continue to overstep privacy boundaries, I also do not believe that the United States could ever be as controlled as Oceania. This would be due to us having references in our history books and other works of fiction such as 1984 telling us how bad it would be, and how the government would achieve this. I also think that the American people are smarter than we give ourselves credit for, so we could see it coming. Also, many people protest the government all the time, and bad things rarely happen to these people. With smartphones and Internet access, it would be too easy for regular people to stand together and stop the government, or at least I'd hope so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You would think that technology would help rebels, but it can be equally effective for the government.
ReplyDelete