Would you rather live in a totalitarian government that ensures everyone's life will be peaceful and free from crime and inequality, or under a democratic government whose freedoms may encourage violence, inequality, and crime?
I would rather continue to live in a democracy such as the one in which I live now. While being guaranteed safety would be nice, life would become so boring. If I do not like a situation, I have the power to change that in a democracy. Also, competition and the quest for bettering one's self is what makes the journey of life so fun. If you are the same as everyone else, that is boring. I enjoy uniqueness and individuality, so I would not want a dictator telling me what to do and watching my every move. I'll rather run the risk of having crimes committed towards me than being boxed in like a zoo animal for my whole life. The goods of a democracy and free life outweigh the risks that are associated with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment