Friday, May 6, 2016

1984 Pt.3 Blog 1

Peter Jennings said, "Whoever controls the media, controls reality." Do I agree? Is media manipulative?

I agree with this statement for sure. Nobody tends to question the information that they are getting if they believe that they are receiving it from a reliable source. I know I do not. If someone turns on the news, depending on the station, they will receive two completely different stories about the same incident. They tend to listen to the one that they will most likely agree with it to make themselves feel better since sometimes the real truth hurts. Reality is a matter of perspective in most cases. Also the person relaying the information also has to be questioned. A high profile person can spout off their ridiculous views on Twitter, but since they have such a grip on the media, people will believe them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment